We wanted burgers. We were trying to avoid meat. We had, for whatever reason, an infinite supply of canned black beans. We had found a recipe earlier, but then left our phone downstairs…
Black Bean Burgers
- black beans
- salt and pepper
- bread crumbs
- Open can of black beans. Drain most of the liquid.
- Add a bag of bread crumbs and crushed pretzels (we had them, they were stale), about 1/2 cup total
- Mince half an onion, maybe 5 or 6 cloves of garlic.
- Shave off some corn, if you’ve got some. Chop up a pepper, if you feel like it.
- Add two eggs.
- Mix everything together.
- If you feel like it, add a chopped jalapeno, some ground flax and brewer’s yeast to thicken.