Thought hummus was just for chickpeas? Think again! Sweet potato hummus has arrived. We’re a bit obsessed with our pal Philip Tang’s work with our produce – we salivate every time! If you watch this video, please be prepared to roast some sweets, unless you’re okay experiencing serious FOMO.
Sweet Potato Hummus
- 2-3 pounds sweet potatoes (roasted and peeled)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil (liberal swig)
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini (liberal swig)
- salt (to taste)
- ½ lemon (juiced, optional)
- spices (optional, we love it with furikake, just how Philip makes it!)
- Roast your sweet potatoes until the skins are easy to peel! Depending on the size of the potato, you can generally get this roasted at 350 degrees in under an hour.
- Cool, peel and mash.
- Add a big ole swig of olive oil, a big ole chunk of tahini, and a bit of salt.
- Add lemon if you’d like, and mix.
- Top with your favorite seeds and seasonings on a piece of toast!