Honey and carrots are a match made in heaven, and these honey glazed carrots are sure to keep everyone in the family asking for seconds. Careful not to let the dogs have a bite!
Sometimes you just gotta reach for something easy and nourishing, and carrots are a big staple in our diet. A lot of why we eat so many of them, besides the fact they’re just so darn delicious and crunchy, is they are super good for you, and they last year round! We’ve always got at least 5 pounds in the crisper in case we’re looking for a quick snack.
We’ll be reaching for some wildflower honey from Ellis Family Farms, or for a kick, some of the spicy honey from Savory Accents. If you’re feeling like butter isn’t your vibe, you can always reach for an olive oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, or any oil you’ve got hanging around! No honey? The carrots will caramelize the longer they roast, and a little balsamic vinegar mid roast will help bring out that sweetness, too.
Honey Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- herbs (fresh or dried)
- Peel carrots and cut into evenly sized rounds or sticks.
- Combine carrots, butter, honey, and ½ cup water in large skillet over medium-high flame.
- Bring to simmer and cook until the carrots are tender and most of the liquid has reduced to a glaze, 10-15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle any herbs you’d like on the carrots, toss well, and serve.