Did we make blueberry pie with tea instead of water? We sure did, and it’s divine. Highly recommend the African flowers rooibos blend from SenTeamental, it adds the perfect floral bite to your filling. We also use so little sugar, and maple sugar at that, that you can feel pretty good about starting and ending your day with pie, because, well, pie.
Blueberry Tea Pie
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 pound frozen blueberries
- ½ cup tea (African flowers fruity rooibos blend from Senteamental is perfect for this!)
- ½ cup maple sugar (any sugar will do)
- ½ cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 minced apple
- 1 whisked egg (optional, adds a glaze to the surface)
- Take your blueberries and tea, stew on low heat until the blueberries fall apart.
- Add your maple sugar, flour, salt, and apple, and stew on a low heat for another 10 minutes or so.
- Set aside to cool, then add to your crust.
- Cook for about 20 minutes at 400.
- Brush with an egg wash (a whisked egg), and cook another 5 minutes.