Comfort in the form of bread and pasta and cheese, this bread crumb mac will have you feeling warm and nostalgic with a touch of gourmet.
Bread Crumb Mac
This will serve about 4-6 and actually freezes rather well if you don’t get to it by the end of the week!
- bread crumbs
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ onion (minced)
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cream
- ¼ pound cheese (grated)
- pasta (cooked)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Make some bread crumbs with your leftover pHlour bread (chop into small pieces, toast).
- Make a rue – 1/2 cup of butter, melted in pan, add anywhere from 1/8th to 1/2 minced onion, saute until translucent.
- Add a quarter cup of flour and 3 tablespoons of cold cream, and don’t stop stirring!
- Add a half a block of grated grumpy goat or smoked cheddar cheese, and once it’s melted, you’re all set to add some cooked noodles.
- Season with salt, pepper, maybe a dab of bang bang hot sauce?
Great with chopped salami or sausage, or sauteed mushrooms. Top with pea shoots for an extra gourmet touch.