Our friend chef Alyssa Lisle has been bringing the heat with her corn game and is basically made of magic. Ready to taste the creamiest succotash you’ve ever had that is totally plant based? Here we go!
Sweet Corn Succotash
- 4-6 ears sweet corn
- onion (minced)
- red pepper (diced, optional)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- olive oil (enough to sweat an onion)
- salt (to taste)
- Chop an onion, a super sweet pepper, and a minced clove of garlic, sweat in plenty of olive oil until completely soft.
- Roast corn (remove corn from the cob – about 4-6 ears will do, and blister on high heat, set aside).
- Make a corn puree (clean kernels from about 4-6 ears and reserve. Cut cleaned cobs into large pieces and simmer in a pot with filtered water. Boil the cobs until the water is reduced by half. Remove cobs and add the reserved kernels to stock and cook for three minutes. Add corn and stock to the blender, and spin on high until the puree is completely smooth.
- Mix everything together. Try not to cry because it’s so good.