Not Italian or a grandma (bonus points if you are though)? You can still make delicious homemade pasta in just a few hours on a lazy afternoon. Get your hands dirty and bask in the awe of turning a pile of eggs and flour into chewy, delicious noodles.
When a blessing like Brian Severson’s AP Wheat Flour falls into your pantry, how are you NOT gonna make something special with it? This flour is high extraction, meaning it has high levels of bran and germ AKA tons of minerals. So now we’re looking at pasta that is delicious AND healthy? Let’s. Get. This. Pasta. Party. Started.
Soft Tofu Stew (soondubu jiggae)
- Heat a few sloshes of sunflower oil in a stockpot, then add in your onions and the white parts of your scallions.
- Once onions and scallions have softened, add your gochujang and garlic, then stir for a few minutes before tumbling in your carrots and kimchi/kimchi liquid.
- Glug in your veggie stock along with the shoyu, then season with salt and pepper and bring everything to a boil.
- Once carrots have softened, add in your soft tofu and a few spoonfuls of chili crisp, letting the tofu heat up and soak in the soupy goodness.
- Spoon servings into bowls, then top with green scallions and more chili crisp if you're wild like that. Heck, add an egg why don't ya!