Cannot go wrong with a Borscht. Serve hot or cold!
This soup is wonderful served hot or cold, with any of your favorite toppings. We love it with sour cream or yogurt on top.
- 4 large beets (peeled and chopped)
- 1 large potato (chopped)
- 1 pound carrots (optional)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- yogurt (dollop for garnish)
- herbs (as desired)
- Wash all vegetables and cut into chunks.
- Place in large steamer over boiling water; steam until very soft.
- Using the water from the steamer, and any other stock or water as needed, blend cooked vegetables until very smooth and thick.
- Return to pot; heat gently to avoid sticking.
- Add salt and pepper and herbs to taste.
- Serve each bowl with a generous portion of yogurt in the center of the soup.